Thursday, May 9, 2013

Senior Ceremony

On the 22nd of April, my DZ Chapter had their Senior Ceremony, honoring all seniors for their commitment to Delta Zeta and the accomplishment of graduation.  I was so upset, knowing that I would miss this ceremony for my big, Kristen.  I talked about FaceTime-ing in for the ceremony last semester, but honestly didn't know if I would be able to do that.  When it came time to planning for senior ceremony, my twin, Sara Facebooked the "family" and included me.  I was so happy she did, because I was actually in Vienna on the 22nd, and decided I could stay up until 3:30 AM to FaceTime in for the ceremony! Sara took care of all of the logistics, and emailed our president who was totally down to let me FaceTime in (thanks, Amanda!).  I was SO excited to surprised Kristen.  When I met Kristen as a new member of Delta Zeta my freshman year, I knew almost immediately that she had to be my Big.  One night, at my first Delta Zeta function, she had "hinted" at wanting me to be her Little too, but it was never discussed again.  She made me believe that she was not taking a Little, and that I definitely wasn't her Little.  In reality, she had been planning and crafting the entire time! I was so happy, so relieved and so excited to find out she was my Big on Find Out in October.  She had tricked me sooo well, I wanted to surprise her somehow with the ceremony.  I sent a letter for Sara to give Kristen that night and I texted Kristen that day saying I wished I was there.  She understood, but had no idea I was going to FaceTime in!

I was very happy to be apart of the ceremony even though I was on the other side of the world.  Thank goodness for modern technology!!! Below is a little progression of my time with Kristen.  I am so thankful that she has accepted a job in Columbia, SC next year so I can see her all the time! I LOVE YOU BIG!
Thanks to my twin, Sara, for coordinating the ceremony with me!

Our first night together, DZ Debut!
Find Out! And Halloween!


Studying together...our hair was so short!

Kristen's Birthday Family dinner!

Most Alike Big and Little Award!

Turtle Tug 2011

Before Viki's and Sara's Find Out!

Our last function together.  Semi-Formal 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment