Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Bloody Mary and a Bon Voyage

I've been looking forward to studying abroad since high school, so when it came time to actually say goodbye to my parents and board my flight, needless to say, it was a bitter-sweet moment.  I was so excited to go, and I knew in my heart it was the right decision, but goodbyes are never easy.  I had just spent the past 3 months at home, essentially my mother's side kick...grocery shopping, work out classes, and beading were part of our weekly routine, and being together almost every day made saying goodbye tough.


Fortunately, I had received a Snapchat earlier that morning from Michael, one of my closest friends from the Frankfurt International School.  He goes to Michigan State and was in town for a job interview for a potential internship.  Due to the lovely Chicago snowstorm that decided to cover the city  in a blanket of snow/sleet mix, Michael's flight was delayed.  To my advantage, we were able to go to the United Red Carpet Club (Thanks, Papi) and catch up before I boarded my flight to Frankfurt, with a connection to Vienna.  Its amazing to have friends that you keep in touch with freshman year of high school, in Germany no less.  We picked up where we left off, and I enjoyed a Bloody Mary.  It got my mind off of saying goodbye, seeing Michael put a smile of my face, and made me relax, despite the snow swirling outside.

My Bloody Mary courtesy of the Red Carpet Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment