Saturday, March 9, 2013

...and...The Infamous First Post

So the intentions of writing a blog have been there all along.  I have been saying aloud "This would be a great blog post..." since the day I arrived in Europe.  But 10 days later, I'm finally doing it!  Better late than never, right? It's been a whirl-wind of a week and a half after arriving in Vienna.  I can honestly say it feels great to be back in Europe and its nice calling Vienna "home." At least for the next few months.  Thank goodness for my amazing friend Maggie, she was in Vienna three weeks prior to my arrival (on the same day as Nicole) and had a list of things we needed to get done and spent the next day doing just that.  She showed us the subway system, helped us register with the Austrian Authorities as residents, took us to WU (Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien...where I will be studying this semester) got our student cards, our Exchange Student Buddy Cards, U-Bahn passes, cell phone SIM cards, the ACTUAL cell phones, and more that I am probably forgetting.  She truly was a Godsend. What took her and the other students 3 weeks to figure out, Maggie did for Nicole and me in a day and a half.  Nicole and I lovingly referred to Maggie as "Maggie Map" because she knew exactly where she was going and what to do.  I was so impressed. 

This whole blog thing is new to me and I was definitely hesitant about starting one...I have some friends who just have great wit, funny comments, and writing that just makes you laugh or smile.  I, on the other hand, do not...I hope that some of the stories I share with you will make you laugh, because I do tend to make a fool of myself and get myself into some funny situations, but I have no intention of becoming a writer in the future.  I want to keep in touch with friends and family and share some exciting parts of my life in Vienna and traveling through Europe.  That being said, don't get too excited about reading a blog with impeccable word choice or any sort of literary devices to engage the reader....I'm going to be writing as I speak.  Which means babbling on and on to no end....so brace yourselves. 


I'll post more about my first 10 days separately and then hopefully update this fairly often.  All for now.

  Love to All of You from Across the Pond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment