Sunday, March 10, 2013

Zollergasse 43

Maggie and I love to bead.  We have a thing for great jewelry and love to be creative, when the time permits.   With my classes not starting until after Spring Break, I decided to invest in a bead loom and fund a store that sells beads.  (Suggested, and financed by my fabulous mother!) I googled bead stores and found this website: www.koelbl-perlen.at.  Maggie and I looked up the address and decided to go on an adventure the next day to find the store.

Johanna Kölbl is amazing.  We found her in the art district of Vienna.  One of our many maps of Vienna calls this street the "creative and boho district of Vienna" With little shops that the designers work the storefront, hip fashion stores, second hand shops and hip food culture and cafes, Zollergasse really fueled my creative flame.  We were so excited to be there and see the less touristy parts of Vienna.  Maggie and I bought some beads for our loom bracelets (I'll upload a picture once I actually finish one) and then went to sit in a swanky cafe/bar and have a Melange.  Melanges are Austria's version of a Latte Macchiato.  They aren't served in tall glasses like Macchiatos are but they are just a delicious and drink that locals tend to order.  We have decided to embrace our inner Viennese and try them the other day, and have probably had one every afternoon since.  They are easily addictive.  That afternoon was easily my favorite since arriving in Vienna.  It's little moments like that, discovering the less traveled paths and enjoying a cafe that I know I will remember for a lifetime.

Beads and Melanges.  Can't get any better than that.

Amazing, right?

Johanna posing with her store and amazing wearable art.

Our wide selection of seed beads for loom bracelets.


No comments:

Post a Comment