Sunday, March 10, 2013

It Feels Like Home

After being in Vienna for about a week, I was beginning to feel familiar with the city.  I was used to speaking German on a regular basis and I felt like I knew where I was going, which is a GREAT feeling.  But I still felt like my apartment wasn't really home.  I think Nicole, Maggie and I really lucked out when it came to housing in Vienna.  We essentially have our own studio apartments.  We have a bedroom, bathroom and kitchen all to ourselves.  Its great! Nicole lives directly next door and Maggie lives down the hall so we really couldn't get closer if we wanted to. But its a very modern, cold apartment.  I was talking to my mom (thank you Viber for free calls and text messages!) and she told me to go get a few things to make it feel like home.  I went to one of my mom's favorite stores when we lived in Germany, Das Depot and bought some baskets for organizing my things, bright placemats, a vase and some fresh flowers and a cute glass for my bathroom sink.  Its amazing how just a few things, and some great pictures can make it feel like your own.  

I hosted a pregame before my first night out in Vienna with a bunch of fellow exchange students and everyone said the apartment was the most decorated they had seen.  Thank you to my mom for giving the go-ahead to spend a little to make me feel A LOT better.  If you haven't met my mom, needless to say, she's pretty amazing.  :) 

The dachshund card hidden in my suitcase.  From my mom, of course.

Beautiful flowers in my new vase, on my new placemat!

Lots and lots of pictures.

and MORE pictures!

Cute clothesline pins I painted and packed.

New baskets, and nice organizing keeps me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment