Sunday, March 10, 2013

Naschmarkt

A close second to my afternoon on Zollergasse was Saturday afternoon at Naschmarkt.  Nicole and I went on our own adventure to see this "Exotic Food Market" which is know for a "kaleidoscope of exotic food, scents and people.  Each Saturday they hold a flea market behind the Naschmarkt where you can hunt for hidden treasures.  I, of course, found the beautiful semi-precious stones and pearls and immediately wanted to have them all but refrained (until my Mom comes to visit, that is!) Nicole and I walked through, each bought 5 Euro Pashminas (what a deal, right!?) Then we took a stroll through the stalls and were amazed with the incredible food options and dining areas.  We stopped for a bite to eat, and Nicole's first Wiener Schnitzel! It was delicious, but we were glad we decided to split one! Overall, it was a beautiful afternoon despite the gray skies and cold weather.  We are ready for Spring whenever you are, Vienna!

Eek Pearls!

Semi-Precious Stones

Can't get more fresh than that!

Yummm

More beads...I have a problem.

Gorgeous Fresh Flowers

Wiener Schnitzel!

1 comment: