Sunday, March 10, 2013

You aren't from Tennessee?

Wednesday night is "Karaoke" Night at Loco, a night club in Vienna.  Every Wednesday, the exchange students with Buddy Cards get free admission and for your first visit, you receive a coupon for a free drink prior to 10 pm.  I had prepared myself for a real "Karaoke" night, like the ones you see in movies where you sign up for a song and go on stage and sing aloud making a fool of yourself once you've had a couple too many....well this wasn't the case.  We walked in around 9:45, just in enough time to get our drinks before 10 and the place is packed like a can of sardines.  and there are projectors at the top of the bar with lyrics and people are just standing there singing along in their various accents to songs like "Hey Ya" and "Spice World."  I was rather unimpressed with the "Karaoke" aspect of the evening, but was going to get my drink regardless.  We made our way up to the bar (a feat in itself) and I squeezed my way in holding out my coupon to get a bartender's attention.

The gentleman next to me who was also waiting to be served but had cash in his had instead of a coupon, took it and asked me in German what it was.  I explained it was a coupon I got from school and that I was an exchange student.  He asked were I was from and I said Chicago.  His response, please sit down if you haven't already, was: "Not from Tennessee?" and I replied, "No....." and he SAID, "Because you are the only Ten-I-See."


REALLY?


Like Really?


People actually say this?  I died.  I couldn't help laughing in his face......He smiled said, "that's pretty lame, right?" and I confirmed he smiled and walked off with his drinks he ordered for his friends.  I'm assuming they were for other females, since he had ordered 3 strawberry daiquiris  and I would pay money to see 3 grown men sipping on strawberry daiquiris at Karaoke night.

I ordered my free Cosmo, and returned to my friends....they thought it was pretty hilarious.  I think Nicole even tweeted it....


Welcome to my joke of a life.  It's okay to laugh aloud.  We sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment