Sunday, March 10, 2013

das Menü

Being back in Europe, I'm in food heaven.  I love all the fresh food varieties, the street stands, the markets all my favorite German food that I crave at home.  During the first 48 hours of being in Vienna, I managed to go to the grocery 3 times.  After all, I only have two hands to hold everything (that's what I told the check out lady when she recognized me from shopping earlier that day....)

Anyway, I am loving it.  I have made two batches of Muesli in my little Kitchen in my apartment and have Nicole and Maggie hooked.  I think I am going to host a Muesli making party when we get back from Spring Break and everyone can make their own batches.  I've been buying fresh fruit, veggies and delicious bread to make yummy sandwiches.  I like the idea of going to the grocery every two or three days and getting something fresh to eat for dinner or breakfast the next morning.  I hope these habits will come back with me to Columbia next year, but I probably won't be able to get across town to the grocery that often.  The convenience of being in the middle of the city really has its advantages.

Just a few pictures of my delicious food!!

Spinat Spätzle with Tomato Sauce

Sauteed peppers and zuccini

Muesli!!!

Butterkäse and Schinken sandwich with a fresh salad

Typical breakfast (with my new placemats!)

No comments:

Post a Comment